To care for your Blackwood Ave jewels please store them in a safe and secure place (not in your wallet!) to avoid dust, moisture and direct light that can cause tarnishing and damage. The bag or box that your jewels were delivered in is a perfect home for them, provided they are not stored with other pieces that could put them under pressure.
We recommend you invest in a good quality polishing cloth to keep your jewellery clean and sparkling. Silver and Brass will naturally tarnish and oxidise as the metals react to heat, body oils and other chemicals during wear but a regular polish with a polishing cloth will help restore the shine. Please note that tarnishing is not considered a fault of the product, just a sign it needs a good clean.
Please don’t wear your Blackwood Ave while swimming, showering, washing your hands or while doing household chores. Contact with sunscreens, creams, hairsprays, perfume, salt/chlorinated water, soaps and chemicals can cause damage to the stones and metals we use in our pieces.
Please remove your Blackwood Ave jewels before sleeping, working out at the gym or carrying heavy items. Silver is a soft metal and can bend, warp and break under force. Necklaces can kink, stretch and snap during sleep or if tugged on and rings, cuffs and earrings can bend, snap and warp under pressure. Please ensure you unclasp necklaces and avoid trying to take off over your head and remember to clasp your necklaces and bracelets when you're not wearing them to prevent them getting tangled.
Please avoid dropping your jewels or allowing them to come into contact with hard abrasive surfaces. Gemstones, crystals and silver can scratch, chip and crack if they are dropped or come into contact with rough surfaces like concrete.
We do offer a 3-month warranty on all our products for manufacturing fault however we do not cover damage due to wear and tear over time or negligence against our recommended care instructions on this page.
SPECIAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Pieces that feature brass will develop a natural petina through everyday wear. This is a natural tarnishing and is not considered a fault. We recommend polishing with a brass polish to restore the shine.
- Please keep crystals and stone set jewellery away from water. Water may affect the stone settings and can impact the integrity of the stones.
- Gold plated pieces are best suited to occasional wear as the plating will wear to expose the silver underneath if worn on a daily basis. Exposure to water and polishing will also cause gold plating to wear more quickly. Please clean gold-plated pieces with a soft cloth only.
- Please avoid stretching open cuffs to take them on and off or tightening cuffs on the wrist. Cuffs should be slid on and off the wrist from the thinnest part of the side of the wrist. Stretching cuffs open and closed can cause a weakness in the band and cause cuffs to crack. This can also weaken the stone settings over time.
- Due to the oxidisation process that all our pieces go through, customers with very acidic skin may find that this oxidisation transfers to the skin during the first initial wears (particularly with brass pieces). This is due to a chemical reaction between your skin (or another substance eg lotion, cream, soap) and the metal. In these cases we recommend giving your piece a light polish.